Wednesday, October 8, 2008
It Starts.
Brielle is now barely 1 month into kindergarten, and LOVING it. Which makes me so happy. But there is something that is always nagging at me, something I worry about constantly. And my fears were confirmed yesterday, when while I was emptying the day's treasures out of Brielle's backpack, I saw a note from the school fall out onto the floor. I am a skimmer when I read and I quickly came across the sentence: "A child in your son or daughter's class has had a recent case of head lice." My heart sank to my stomach and I immediately felt sick. Since Brielle got up this morning, I have already searched through her hair 3 times, and nothing yet. But I fear this thing SO much, and I really pray that she does not get it. Brielle (for those who perhaps haven't met her in person) has the most gorgeous thick head of curls, the kind of hair that many people would die for. But because of how thick and curly it is, head lice would be a living nightmare! I really think that I would probably have to shave her head which would devastate her and me. It really makes me not want to send her to school at all when it's going around, although I know that is not really a feasible option. I am posting this in the hopes that someone who comes across it might have some advice or tips on how to prevent this from happening, or help on how to treat it should she get it? Please, if you can, help!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment