Well, it all started last Thursday. I was attempting my morning ritual of the basic Tae Boe Workout video, and my left leg started feeling like I had a charlie horse, so I had to stop. Throughout the day, it just kept getting more and more sore. I took Brielle to the park, and was hanging out with my sister Megan, but the more I walked around, the more pain I was in. We met up with my mom to do a little shopping but it wasn't long before I realized I needed to go home. As I was coming up the front steps, Chad saw me and noticed right away that it must be my left leg because he could see that it was swollen. We headed over to a walk-in clinic...and the doctor expressed concern that it might possibly be a blood clot, but they would not be able to check until the next day. I had my regular prenatal appointment the next morning, so my doctor set up an appointment Friday afternoon at the hospital for an ultrasound of my leg. Despite the pain and swelling, they did not see any blood clot, and sent me home. Saturday, things just kept getting worse. My leg was now swelled to twice it's normal size and a nice deep purple color. I felt awful, and finally went to Emergency that night, so I could find out what in the world was happening, because I knew something was not normal. As I was taken in for a second ultrasound, the ultrasound technician was shocked because she said she had seen the pictures from the day earlier, and it was clear...but that night she could see a large deep vein thrombosis (blood clot) right in my hip/groin area.
I was told that I can no longer care for children in my home, so my kind husband has been home with me and will be next week to help me finish out my contracts. He's been just great and willingly taken over all the things that I try to regularly do, because this has knocked me right out! I have had to spend most of my time laying down or atleast sitting, because to get up and walk around is nearly excruciating, though I must say the pain has improved since Sunday and Monday, which were unbearable. I also get the joy of self-injections of blood thinners every 24 hours, which have to be into the abdomen, and will have to be done atleast until the baby is born. I think that's the worst part...it takes me a good 15 minutes every time!
But I am really grateful that it was found, so I can start getting better. Blood clots can be a very scary thing and I'm just glad that something can be done to make it better and keep both me and this baby safe!
Please, June, please come quick!
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Alli! Oh my gosh! So glad you found out the problem and can have it solved for now. Rest lots! Take it easy!
Allison! Oh my gosh. I'm glad you are starting to get better. that is crazy and I'm so sorry you are in so much pain. I'm so glad that they figured out what was wrong. Was is caused by the pregnancy? Wow, anyways, I hope everything's ok. By the way, I know earlier you said that you were going to make your blog private. My email is shellyj@gmail.com. Feel better!
How scary Allison. You poor thing. Thats got to be so stressful with being pregnant and having more than just you to worry about. You'll be in our prayers.
Oh Alison, poor girl. I am SO glad they found it and have been able to help you. You are in our prayers and I hope you continue to get better. Way to go Chad, for doing so much for you!
I still can't believe it took them that long to figure it out! I feel so bad for you! Lucky you have a great Husband to take care of you! Let me know if you want me to come over and give you the injections!! :)
Thanks all for your nice comments, support and prayers! I am blessed with great friends and family, that's for sure...and a very wonderful husband. By the way Skye, if I am having a particularly rough time sometime I might just take you up on that...thank you!
Post a Comment