Thursday, October 8, 2009

Inspired.

About a year ago, my best friend sent me a link to a news story about Stephanie Nielson--(NieNie) and a link to her blog. Tabby went to school with Stephanie and knew her and her family, and wanted to share with me her blog, which has really become an inspiration in my life. I am truly grateful for this gift! Stephanie is a positive, happy, and loving wife and mother of 4 who makes me feel more positive by just reading her words. Just over a year ago, she suffered massive burns to over 80% of her body when in a plane crash with her husband. But thankfully she has been able to recover enough to be home again with her family. She has returned to blogging since, and she continues to be a great example to me each day that I read her uplifting words.

I was excited to see her story featured on Oprah yesterday, but I must say that I didn't expect the impact it would have on me. It has really renewed my faith just by seeing her. I couldn't keep the tears in when I saw her bounce right in and sit down with a bright smile, despite her scar-ridden face and body. And especially when she and her husband kept looking at eachother with beaming love, like they were married yesterday. It was hard not to notice the spirit emanating through them both. Stephanie's happy smile, her faith and her love for her family and God makes you forget there are any scars at all. She is truly beautiful to me and a marvelous example of womanhood.



Go here for a dose of daily inspiration, and here to read more about yesterday's Oprah show.

4 comments:

Skye said...

I've read her blog as well, and bawled my eyes out when I watched Oprah. She's such an incredible woman!

Lindsay said...

that blog was inpiring, thanks for sharing! I really needed to read that....I will email you sometime. I haven't talked you you in a long time.Hope your doing good! :)

Sims Family said...

What a coincidence I just read about her today and bawled. Too bad I missed Oprah.

Kami P. said...

I cried when I watched her on Oprah as well and I love reading her blog too.
Do you watch the show Biggest Loser? If you do you probably bawl everytime you see one of the contestants, Abby. She lost her husband and her two children in a car accident a few years ago from a driver going over 100 miles an hour. She lost her whole family! Can you imagine that?!?!? When I hear stories like that I can't keep the tears in. We are so blessed, aren't we?