He is tiny and beautiful, with thick wavy dark brown hair. He has the softest, sweetest cry of any baby I have ever heard. He has a sweet calm spirit and has brought a very sweet feeling into our home. Our girls couldn't be more excited to have a little boy around. And I know Chad and I both feel the same way--especially Daddy. (I think he was afraid to hope that we really might have a boy one day but he's sure in love with this little guy!)
I must admit that I was nervous about bringing another little one home at this time. I haven't really experienced having a baby while another child was still so young. And I have to admit, yesterday when we first came home from the hospital, I was feeling very worried and flustered after Addy kept trying to pull him, grab him out of our arms, etc and wouldn't stop crying. But she was obviously just over tired and didn't know what to do with herself because after a good night's sleep, she is soft and sweet and much more patient. Thank goodness!
I have to mention how thankful I am for having Chad as my husband. To put it mildly, I'm not much fun to be around in the end stages of childbirth labour, and I always feel terrible afterwards, but Chad remained by my side, kind and gentle with me as always. He has taken the next 2 weeks away from work to be home and help everyone adjust to having little Colm around. I am so glad to have him around! He just takes over whatever needs to be done without a word, and is patient and loving with us all. (Even though I am sure he's just as exhausted as me!)
Sometimes I wonder why Heavenly Father has seen fit for me to be so blessed to be a mother to my wonderful children. I feel inadequate and imperfect, and make lots of mistakes. I know what a blessing each and every child is. And I am so thankful to Him for allowing me this opportunity. I must say that with each of my children, my love grows, not only for the new little one, but for my other children as well. How wonderful is that blessing of parenthood! I hope I can prove myself more worthy and live up to the incredible blessings that I have.
I also feel so thankful for the special bond I feel with my tiny little son. I can't adequately describe how honored and priveledged I feel to be the mother of a stalwart, strong spirit of the last days and a future missionary and priesthood holder.
I think the most I can pray and hope for is that he will one day be just like his own father.
And after 10 fantastically adventurous hours, we finally got to meet this precious boy!


2 comments:
I always find having a new baby to be such a spiritual experience. How can it not be since they come straight from heaven!? Colm is so precious, and I love you pictures, seeing how excited everyone is to have him as a part of your family! Congratulations again!
What a beautiful post! Babies are just so wonderful. The pictures are all adorable and so is little Colm. What a sweet little boy. Congrats to all of you!
Post a Comment