So Chad and I decided that we have spent too much money on eachother in the past for birthdays etc, and that what we really needed was a new computer, so it was our gift to eachother for the year's events. And this is the MAIN reason I haven't posted in so long--our old computer has become ridiculous to work with; the hard drive is full and to post any pictures or do really anything was a giant pain.
So...now that I have a shiny new toy to blog with, here (at long last) is an update!
First of all, one of the definite highlights of the year so far was a trip that Chad and I were able to take together. We went to Punta Cana for a wonderful kid-free, work-free week, just the 2 of us and stayed at a beautiful resort there. (Thanks to my wonderful mother for taking the girls for us!) We spent some time on the gorgeous, white sandy beaches and went on a catamaran excursion to a place called Sanoa Islands. We rented a car for a day, which was an adventure all in it's own--there might as well be no traffic laws in the Dominican Republic at all, because nobody follows them! We ate TONS, the food was really good. We loved soaking in our jacuzzi tub right in our own room. But most of all we just enjoyed relaxing and being together. It will be the last trip we will take for a long while, I am sure. But I am so glad that we took some time away and that I was able to spend some one-on-one time with my sweetheart!
My fun and spunky girl Brielle turned 7 on March 16th. We celebrated by going swimming at the Taber Swimming Pool and met up with family for a yummy dinner at Tony Roma's. I can't believe she is 7 years old now! She is growing up so fast and a joy in my life!
Adelyn is growing up way too fast and becoming quite the little character. I just love her sweet, funny personality. She laughs all the time and makes us laugh even more. She was thrilled for the Easter Bunny's arrival at our house and hammed it up for the camera.
Here are both of my cute girls sporting adorable new outfits from our best friends in Utah, who are always so good to us (Tabby and family.) They were both excited to look so pretty!
Brielle and Adelyn are the very best of friends. All day long while Brielle is gone to school, Adelyn asks where she is and then Brielle is always greeted with this:
And finally, I am only 11 short days away from the arrival of our next little babe. I am DEFINITELY ready, but in some ways I can't believe it is nearly here already. I haven't been great with getting pictures taken this time around, I just haven't felt much like being in front of the camera. But I am sure excited to spread the news when we meet our new little arrival and I will be keeping everyone posted!


No comments:
Post a Comment