Tuesday, September 15, 2009

High time for a major catch up!

Yes, yes, I know it's been forever since I've posted anything new. It has become one of those things I knew I should and really wanted to do, but the more the time that went by the more it became a dreaded task! I think this must happen to most bloggers at one time or another.

So here we go...

In August we enjoyed Chad having a week off of work and took the opportunity to head out to Kalispell for a few days. It had been YEARS since I'd gone over Logan pass and I had forgotten how breathtaking it was! I would really love to go there one time and just stay a few days in Glacier to enjoy the beautiful surroundings.



During our stay, we enjoyed a day at Big Sky Waterpark in Columbia Falls. It was so much fun!! It turned out to be a beautiful, HOT, sunny day and we spent hours having fun in the water!



OH! And by the way...See this waterslide/death contraption to the right?



I vividly recall being in sixth grade on a trip with my class to West Edmonton Mall and having to will myself for a full HOUR to go down a slide just like this one.

Chad had gone down the slide when I wasn't watching (which I was really quite impressed by) and was trying to convince me to try, but I had grounded myself at the safety of the much tamer slide below. Brielle had climbed the next level of stairs to go and "look at the big slide" and I kept waiting for her to come back down the stairs...



Yep, that's my 6-YEAR-OLD coming down the slide!! She then laughed her head off telling us about some teenage boys up at the top who "said with scaredy-cat voices, Uhhhmmmmm....you go ahead!"
What a girl!!!

And what fun memories.

5 comments:

Skye said...

oh.my.gosh! I can't believe she went down that! We went to those slides this summer too and LOVED it! Glad you had a great time!

Tabitha said...

K, that is so funny! I remember the free fall at 7 peaks in 6th grade. I got to the top and seriously sat there for one hour. Jake races to the top and jut flies right down again and again! LOL

Tabitha said...

Oh.... And you look SEXY in that photo with your girls! I am so excited to play!!!

Tabitha said...

I like your girlies swimmers! Also I am surprised at how dark Ady's hair is getting!

Shelly Pfeffel said...

Too awesome! I just came to look today as its been awhile and love the new posts. Way to go Brielle! I love the NieNie blog too...your mom told me about it months ago and reminded me about it again today. How inspiring!