
May 19, Chad and I celebrated our 2-year wedding anniversary. Last night, however, was the real celebration. As an anniversary gift, I gave Chad tickets to see Chantal Kreviazuk, who played here last night.
It was a really hot day yesterday and the concert was held in the exhibition pavillion, a venue where there aren't great (if any) cooling systems in place. It was so hot in there that you stuck to your seat, and could smell everyone's b.o. During the opening act I began to hope the concert wouldn't go very long because it was getting so uncomfortable. Then she came out and started to perform.
HOLY SMOKES.
When her songs are played on the radio, they are the ones I blast the volume and lean back and close my eyes to listen to. But hearing it live was a million times more wonderful! She made sounds come out of her grand piano that rang through the place like it was Carnegie Hall. She had a cellist and violinist at her side--(strings are my absolute favorite). And that voice!!! It is so beautifully rich and clear, I could have listened to her forever. It was by FAR the very best concert I have ever seen.
The second last song played was "Feels like Home", my all-time favorite and one of the songs played at our wedding. It felt so nice to lean back against Chad and listen to our song, sung in person by one of the most incredibly talented artists out there. I never thought it was possible to have goosebumps at 30+ degrees!


5 comments:
I can't believe I've never heard of her before. I'm guessing she's Canadian? Now I can't wait to listen to that song.
Ok, I take that back. I just went onto You Tube and listened to a few of her songs and, yes, I've heard her. I just don't recognize her name. And that song Feels Like Home......LOVE IT!
I remenmber her, but it's been awhile since I've heard her music. Didn't she marry Raine from Our lady Peace? They are one of my all time favorite bands :) Glad you had fun, you deserved it! Hope you all are doing great, loves.
Love, love, love that song! Oh, and your POST gave me goosebumps! :)
Yup! I have seen her live a few times! One time Patrick even got to photograph her!
You know she's from Winnipeg eh? lol!
Glad you guys had a good anniversary!
Post a Comment