We had a fantastic Christmas! On Christmas Eve, during the day, we all spent some time with my mom and sisters doing some service, which started our Christmas off with the best feeling. I definitely want this to become a tradition for our family! The kids were thrilled to be able to give some money away to some people who have very little, and sing carols in a nursing home. We then headed out to Stirling for dinner and a visit from Santa at Chad's parents' home. We spent the night and next morning there. Our 4 gift plan came up roses! The kids seemed really happy to have been given their few gifts, and I believe they really appreciated and valued them, which is exactly what we were hoping for. I was so happy that Brielle was THRILLED with her most wanted gift; a Littlest Pet Shop grey kitty. She couldn't stop talking about it, even amongst the cousins around who were unwrapping gift after gift. Alexia cuddled her new blanket all morning, her requested gift, and Kalee was excited about her new sketch book with some art pencils. And here's Adelyn's reaction to her very first experience of the crazy gift-opening chaos... (If you can't tell, she was exhausted, wondering why she got awoken so early!)
I definitely got spoiled. Chad used his creativity and thoughtfulness to make a slideshow with some pictures taken with his camera from our honeymoon and early pictures of Adelyn. He always gives the most meaningful gifts. I'm so lucky to have him. AND...my mom surprised me with something I really thought I wouldn't have, atleast not for a long time!
I am so excited to use this! My mom is so wonderful to me and my family! The rest of Christmas day was spent at my mom's house who cooked a wonderful turkey and ham dinner with all the trimmings. She's the most amazing cook! We had lots of fun visiting with mom and Steele and my sisters.
Alexia and Kalee joined us for the weekend, and what a perfect end to a great week! As a gift to all of their family, my mother and father-in-law booked 2 nights at the Rocky Ridge Lodge in Mountain View. We had so much fun being there with all of Chad's siblings and their families, playing games, and eating WAY too much. We made many great memories. I hope everyone had as wonderful a Christmas as we did!


2 comments:
It sounds like it all worked out great! I love that baby of yours!!! I can't wait till
I get one of my own! Love Briell's jammies!
oops I forgot an "E"
Post a Comment